Jove is a new, fast-moving software company, spun out of a marketing agency to commercialize what had previously been a primarily internal software platform. We are a diverse team of about 50 people, with a group of 30 engineers anchoring a high-velocity Product operation.
About the Job
Jove is looking for a versatile, focused, creative, analytical, meticulous, fast-moving, thinker-doer Marketing Manager to join our team. The Marketing Manager will have wide-ranging ownership of marketing programs, channels, and strategies and be accountable to solve challenges quickly and independently to deliver marketing results. The ideal candidate can own and drive multiple projects at once and work successfully with multiple teams and executives across Jove. The ideal candidate can successfully manage and coach others to drive output and increase overall team competence. A successful person in this role thrives on change, cares deeply about quality, and is excited to join a team committed to harmonizing data and creativity.
• Produce content. Editorial mindset, critical eye, personally produces good stuff in at least one medium, gives great feedback in all media.
• Collaborate effectively. Work with experts across all company functions, harnessing expertise, contributing through dissent, building trust continuously, communicating at every level in the company.
• Learn fast. This role must execute and lead content creation across every marketing channel, from paid advertising to email to virtual and (hopefully, someday soon) live events to web to PR, etc, etc. What you don’t know already you must be eager to learn.
• Manage agencies and contractors. Write great briefs. Hold people accountable. Give actionable guidance. Track many activities simultaneously.
• Measure everything. Comfortable using numerous marketing tools. Google Analytics, Salesforce, Webflow, Mixpanel, and so many more.
• Build brand. Jove is new, and we are still learning who we are. Help us dream big and bring big dreams to life.
• Bachelor’s degree
• MBA preferred
• 7-10 years marketing experience, B2B strongly preferred, technology or SaaS a plus.
• Models leadership internally and can act as a trusted Jove spokesperson externally
• Creative and conceptual thinker who can execute, delivering output quickly and consistently
• Expertise with paid media channels,email marketing and social media tactics
• Superb verbal and written communication skills
• Embraces data and measurement to inform action
• Customer-centric mentality, ability to understand and diagnose customer experience
• Experience managing at least 1-2 individual contributors and a function
• Hunger to learn
• Experience in event planning, field marketing, or brand activation experience
• Willingness to occasionally travel
To apply for this job, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.