Jove is a new, fast-moving software company, spun out of the New Engen agency business to commercialize what had previously been a primarily internal software platform. We are a diverse team of about 50 people, with a group of 30 engineers anchoring a high-velocity Product operation.
The Jove platform is evolving from a very sophisticated, niche performance marketing tool to a modular set of point solutions intended to help a broad range of marketing teams modernize their approaches. Our flagship product, Creative Insights, is the major focus of activity for at least H1 2021.
At Jove we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we embrace it for the benefit of our employees, our partners, and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and diversity.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Frontend Software Development Engineer to work on technology that brings marketing + technology + creative together and act as a mentor to junior engineers. In this meaningful role, you will be primarily responsible for building and implementing fast, responsive, user - friendly web applications. You will work with the product team to ensure delivery of best-in-class user experience and features.
We'd love to hear from you if:
• You write code and ship quality features
• You're passionate about improving the performance, functionality, and user experience the product you built
• You're passionate about introducing new technology and best practices to the team and continuously push boundary
• You want a chance to create something new in a rapidly growing company
• You love collaborating with other people
• You want to help grow a small engineering team
• You do not have an ego and enjoy working on a team
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of industry experience doing frontend software development with a focus in React.js
• Strong understanding of web technologies and distributed systems
• Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS and experience on building custom UI
• Excellent software engineering, design, and architecture skills
• Ability to break down projects into workable pieces while maintaining the overall bigger picture of how it fits in with the product
• Self-starter with a can-do attitude who has relentless desire to improve quality and quantity of your output and the team
• Team player with strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Demonstrated system thinking and expertise in more than one layer of a multi-tier architecture
• Focused on simplicity and effectiveness of solutions
• Constantly seeking feedback through peer design and code reviews
Nice to haves
• Experience writing e2e tests with technologies like Cypress / Selenium
• Familiarity with Typescript
To apply for this job, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.